Softball Fundraising Ideas
Softball Fundraising Ideas – Raise Funds for your Team Easily
Who else is looking for some easy softball fundraising ideas?
In this article we share our top 12 ideas for softball fundraisers.
Did you know that in a recent year it was estimated that 40 million Americans played at least one game of softball during the year?
The Amateur Softball Association of America (ASA), registers over 245,000 softball teams nationwide with hundreds of local, regional, state, and National Championships a year. That doesn’t even account for local school softball teams, bar league softball teams, or youth softball teams.
Why should this concern you?
Simply put, it makes for a lot of competition for your next softball fundraiser. Sports team fundraising is a competitive business. That is why we wanted to share these 12 fundraiser ideas for softball teams.
12 Easy softball fundraising ideas for teams
#1 Sell T-Shirts
Traditionally, some softball teams have raised money selling T-shirts. How can you do this?
- Sell official softball team jersey style t-shirts.
- Have a contest to design a new team shirt each year. Choose the best shirt design and presell them to your fans.
- Every year you can sell the the new T-shirt design of the year to your fans. So keep a list of your buyers!
- You can either connect with a local T-shirt printer or find one online.
#2 Sell school merchandise.
You can create items to to put your school logo on.
For instance, you can sell frisbees, backpacks, drink tumblers, coffee cups. hooded sweatshirts and hats too. You can place either your school logo or your team logo on them. Kids and parents alike love to buy these kinds of fundraising items.
#3 Softball tournament fundraiser
This is a very popular softball fundraiser. It allows you to have fun raising money while playing softball!
Here are a couple of things to try.
- Co-ed softball tournament fundraiser
- Charity softball tournament
- Teachers versus students softball tournament
Finally, be sure to advertise your tournament and the cause you are supporting. Remember to set up some fun softball tournament prizes for the winners.
#4 Sell Gift wrap
This is the perfect off-season fundraiser for softball teams. Why do we say that?
Well, the odds are that the majority of your friends, family and neighbors will be spending money on wrapping paper, bows, ribbons and gifts this holiday season. So, why not sell gift wrap so they can support your softball team?
It is fun and easy because we give you everything you need to succeed. We can provide you with free color catalogs to show your friends and family. Simply collect payment for the fundraising merchandise your customers want. Your softball team earns up to 50% on every sale made.
How would it feel going into next spring training with money you already earned during the past holiday season? You can learn more about the winter fund raising catalog here.
#5 Restaurant parties
There are local restaurants in your community that would love your softball team’s business. There are many softball teams that often go out to eat after a practice or a game. So just suppose you made a deal with a local restaurant in your neighborhood to bring your team for dinner after your next practice. There are restaurant owners that would be happy to pay you a percentage of all the money spent at the restaurant during your party.
Furthermore, to earn even more money, you can invite all of your family and friends to your restaurant party. This is a great way to raise money every week for your team.
#6 Softball raffles
There are many parents of children that play a softball who own their own business. Why not ask them if they are open to donating services and prizes that you can raffle off in your community?
Furthermore, you can reach out to any local business in your neighborhood. You might be surprised to see how many businesses will be willing to donate prizes for your raffle.
Why would they be willing to do this? They consider it as a form of advertising in order to get in view of customers they normally might not reach. Furthermore, they know that after receiving a free service, many customers will come back again at another time.
Here is another tip:
Keep your raffle tickets affordable to everyone in your community, keeping the price between one dollar and five dollars a ticket.
And finally, come up with softball fundraiser gift basket ideas to raffle off. As a team everyone can contribute something to the gift basket, and then you will be able to raffle these items off too.
#7 Softball team car washes.
This is a great way to earn money for your softball team this upcoming spring. After a long cold winter, your neighbors will be looking for someone to wash their car.
Your softball team can earn several hundred dollars on a Friday or Saturday afternoon washing cars this way.
- You can pick up everything you need at a local dollar store to get started washing cars.
- Advertise with posters, flyers and social media.
- Have the softball players hold up the signs out front to attract cars driving by.
- Some teams earn so much money they will do this over and over again. You will get the benefit of people seeing you there week after week and coming in on another occasion.
#8 Donation tables.
Perhaps you were wondering how to get donations for softball teams.
Give this a try:
Reach out to local businesses and restaurants in your area and ask if you can set up a donation table outside of their establishment. You can put posters and flyers out to talk about your softball team and why you’re raising money. You can have a big jar for donations to be put into.
Some softball teams have had success simply by saying, “would you like to donate a dollar to help our softball team get to the playoffs”?
#9 Sell cookie dough.
Did you know the average American eats about 300 cookies every year? That is over 35,000 cookies over the average lifespan. America loves cookies, don’t they?
That is why your softball team should sell gourmet cookie dough to your friends and family.
https://fundraisingzone.com provides free color brochures that highlight eight delicious cookie dough flavors:
Oatmeal raisin, peanut butter, chunky chocolate chip, and snickerdoodles. There is something for everyone here.
Is it expensive? Not at all when you compare it to what people buy at their local grocery store. You get 2 pounds of gourmet cookie dough for only 10 dollars.
Finally, your softball team earns up to 50% on every sale. If you sell enough cookie dough, you can buy all the sports equipment you need!
#10 The softball garage sale
So what if all of your players worked together as a team to put on a softball garage sale?
Reach out to your friends and family and neighbors. Tell them why you are raising money for your team, and ask them if they would like to donate something to your garage sale.
Then it’s time to advertise this like crazy. Design a softball fundraiser flyer to hand out to local businesses in your area. Then set up your softball fundraiser posters to do the same thing.
Finally, remember to advertise on social media sites like Facebook and Instagram.
Think of ways you can earn extra money at your garage sale. For instance, you can sell soda, bottled water, or snacks. If you make everything a dollar, you should be able to make extra money at the end of the day.
#11 Sell popcorn.
Fundraisingzone.com has gourmet popcorn flavors for everyone. Our color catalog features eight amazing gourmet flavors. Do you like sweet, salty or spicy popcorn? Our popcorn fundraiser has it all.
Have you tried Chicago style popcorn? Or how about dark chocolate sea salt caramel corn?
Are you getting hungry yet? Your friends and family will be when they see pictures of this delicious popcorn. It retails for only eight dollars.
Furthermore, you can buy in bulk for your next sports event if you like. Your sports team will earn up to 50% profit on every sale.
#12 Hold an Old-fashioned bake sale.
Who can turn down home made baked goods?
Think about all of the possibilities. Everyone on the team can help make brownies, cookies, cupcakes and muffins to sell. The more variety, the better. Pay close attention to what sells the most. This will tell you what to make more of next year.
For instance, if the chocolate chip cookies are the biggest hit, then you might want to focus on different flavors of chocolate chip cookies.
Arrange for a contest for whoever sells the most can win a prize. This will make your bake sale even more fun for the players on a softball team.
Who will these fun softball fundraiser ideas work for?
These baseball fundraiser tips will also work for all kinds of softball leagues:
- Youth softball leagues
- Little league teams.
- Baseball fundraisers for teams
- Youth girls’ fast-pitch teams
- Beer league softball teams
- Travel softball teams
- Middle school & high school softball teams
- College softball
- Slow-pitch softball
- Fast pitch softball
- Modified softball
- Finally, they work for Kids softball too.
So, why are you looking to raise money for your softball team?
These profitable fundraising ideas can help you:
- Buy new softball equipment like bats, softballs, cleats, bases, gloves and catchers equipment.
- In addition, it can help to pay for softball uniforms.
- It can also pay for your softball tournament fees.
- Finally, it can help raise money for hotel and travel expenses. (Imagine heading to the annual USA Softball World Series Championship this year)
Ready to learn some of our our favorite youth sports fundraisers?
Our top softball Fundraising Ideas To Raise Money For Your Sports Team
Hands down, our favorite kind of school fundraising idea is the brochure fundraiser.
Our brochure fundraising products include things that people LOVE to buy or are going to buy ANYWAY.
Here are our top high profit softball fundraising items for each year:
Cookie Dough Profits for your Softball Team
Very few people have the self-control to say no to chocolate chip cookie dough. That is why our popular cookie dough tub fundraising events are so successful for softball fundraising ideas.
Even better, your softball players will love the fact that you can earn up to 52% on each sale.
Snackin’ in the USA Fundraising Brochure for your Softball Team
Who doesn’t like something salty or sweet to eat?
Our ever popular Snackin’ in the USA is a proven winner for school snack fundraisers year after year.
Why do we love brochures for softball fundraising ideas?
It is simple really — It is because your school sports team will love the fact that:
- There are NO upfront costs which means NO money up front or out of your pocket.
- You can also earn up to a 52% profit depending on how much they sell.
- In addition, you get FREE brochures, parent letters and prize programs.
- Your team gets FREE shipping when you reach the minimum order. This means your team gets to keep more money!
- Furthermore, there is plenty of FREE coaching. Just as you need a softball coach to win your games, you will need a fundraising coach too. Just as a pitcher will warm up before a windmill windup or your players go to batting practice, your volunteers will need to practice. However, we will provide all the fundraiser coaching to make your next event a massive success. This means you don’t have to do this alone!
- Finally, our program makes it EASY for your sports team to make money because the brochures do all the work for you.
Additional profitable fundraiser ideas for your softball team
Looking for some more ideas for softball teams and their softball fundraising ideas?
Here are a few extra fundraising ideas to consider in addition to your brochure fundraiser.
- Discount cards
- Scratch cards
- Pretzel rods
- Candy fundraisers
- Movie cards
- Entertainment cards
- Gourmet popcorn fundraisers
- Flower bulb fundraising
- Dinner and movie
- Car wash
- Card fundraising with fundraising cards
- Community yard sale
- Auntie Anne’s Pretzel fundraiser
- Talk to a local business and hold silent auctions. (They might be willing to donate a product or a service because they might get new customers in the door.)
- Hold a softball hit-a-thon or pitch-a-thon.
- Get a local sponsor because they will be willing to pay you money for advertising space.
- In addition, you can talk to your cheerleaders and see if they will hold a pep rally for your school sports team.
- You can also organize a charity softball tournament. Brainstorm with your team to get some charity softball game ideas.
- Finally, build a fundraising thermometer for people to see your progress.
Ready to start making some money using softball fundraising ideas?
In conclusion, did you know we are ready to send you a free fund raising kit ASAP?
All you have to do is to request one by clicking the big blue box on the top right.
If you would like a free phone consultation, then please reach out to us here at 1-800-645-6550. We would love to help you plan your next event because that is what we do best.
So, why not call now?
Hey sports fans! Get ready to learn about the most popular snack fund raising program online. Simple, easy and very profitable! Your team will earn the most money when you follow a simple proven process. This brochure offers 20 amazing snacks for only eight dollars each. Learn more about our snack program…
If you’re looking to compete in the nationals, you better start raising money now! Our winter fundraiser brochure is an easy way for any team to pay for travel expenses and tournament fees. Earn up to 50% profit helping friends and family buy holiday gifts and wrapping paper. Learn more about our Winter Wonderland brochure…
Our spring fundraising ideas are helpful for raising money for team uniforms and sports equipment. Your family and friends will love this brochure. Earn up to 50% profit on candy, kitchen gadgets and flower seeds. This is a risk-free program for athletes of all ages. Learn more about our Simply Spring catalog.
Attention young atheletes serious about raising cash for the team! Raise more money selling cookie dough. This is the perfect brochure for all kinds of teams raising funds. Whether it’s baseball, basketball, football, lacrosse, or any other youth sports groups—Cookie dough is the way to go! Team booster clubs can learn more about our $10 cookie dough tub program here…
Hey youth sports booster parents, please listen closely… Popcorn is the way to go. Your team booster pays no upfront costs. You simply pay for the items you sell using the money you collect. With up to 50% profit, you can see this is a grand slam home run or slam dunk for any youth team! Learn more about our popcorn program here.