Online Fundraising Ideas – Using Video For Fundraisers
Online Fundraising Ideas
If you are looking for online fundraising ideas, why not think about using video?
Social media provides many opportunities to use video to help your next online fundraiser. By taking time to plan things out, you can have a successful event using the latest tools available on the web.
These video fundraising tips can go a long way to help your non profit or school get their message out there.
However, don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Remember to have a well balanced online fundraising plan. When combined, you will have one very powerful school fundraiser.
How to use Facebook videos for online fundraising
Thankfully, it is now allowing people and non profits to use live video streaming. This means you can post videos “live” during your school fundraiser events. Imagine everything you can do with that!
Here are a few best practices:
- First of all. you can post up to 240 minutes of video. However, 2 minute videos are perfect for people with a short attention span. When you plan right, you can get a lot accomplished in 2 minutes of video.
- Be sure to use 1080p or less for video quality.
- Prepare your video with the idea in mind that there will be no sound. Videos will play silently automatically in their news feed. People will have to tap on them to hear them.
- Use words and pictures that CAPTURE attention from the very beginning.
- Carefully choose a thumbnail shot because this will be the first image people will see.
- Use captions so that everyone can follow along.
- Make it fun and perhaps it will go viral.
- Finally, if there are people in your video, be sure to tag their facebook page.
If you are a facebook fan, then you will love our article on easy facebook fundraising ideas. In fact, we include several additional facebook video fundraising ideas in this article.
How to use Instagram videos for online fundraising
Whereas facebook gives you up to 240 minutes for a video, you get a whopping 60 seconds for each instagram video.
This means you have to plan if you want your videos to have impact.
Here are a few best practices for instagram videos:
- Keep things simple. Stick to one theme or message since you only have 60 seconds.
- Assume your audio will not be playing so use captions. This way your viewer can understand what is happening.
- Tell your donors or volunteers what to do and why they should do it.
- Have an opening thumbnail image that intrigues people to want to watch your video.
How to use YouTube for video fundraisers
Youtube videos are a great way to connect with your youtube fans.
Here are a few tips to make your video fundraising efforts pay off:
- Use descriptive titles to capture the attention of your viewers.
- You can live stream your event and invite guests. This is a great way to kick off your best school fundraisers.
- If you decide to do a live stream video, then there are free apps to do it right from your mobile phone or tablet.
- Remember to keep your videos interesting and engaging. If you just have a talking head up there, your viewers will get bored very quickly. So use a combination of images, text and moving action to get your message across.
- Insufficient volume and lighting can be two of the biggest complaints about your videos. So make sure there is plenty of light and speak clear and loud.
- Additionally, you can use video to thank your contributors and the members of your Parents Teacher Association.
Finally, you don’t have to limit yourself to just one of these video options.
In fact, we encourage you to use all three as part of your social media fundraising efforts.
We hope you have found these online school fundraising ideas helpful.
If you want to learn more about how https://fundraisingzone.com can help your next event to be a success, then we invite you to reach out to us. Let’s brainstorm together to come up with some online fundraising ideas for your next product.
You also may enjoy reading these fundraising articles:
Snack brochures are the way to go for raising money for schools. This is one of our most popular school fundraising catalogs. Trail mix, gummi fruit slices, chocolate covered raisins — there is something for everyone in this brochure! Best of all, at only $8 almost everyone will happy to support your cause. Learn more about our snack fund raisers for schools.
Schools love our winter fund raising brochure. Why? You can’t beat the combination of gift wrap, small gifts, and candy. Your family and friends will be buying these things during the next holiday season so help make their life easier while earning up to 50% profit with this beautiful catalog. Learn more about our easy winter fund raisers.
Celebrate spring with our fun spring catalog. PTO’s and PTA’s love this brochure because we do fund raising the easy way. Raise the most money for school selling flower bulbs and seeds, snacks and gifts. These kid friendly classroom fundraising tips are both fun and profitable. Learn about this simple spring fund raising idea today…
Raise the most dollars with our cookie dough fund raisers for students. This is the perfect brochure for both public and private schools including religious schools too. Whether it’s for elementary or middle school—cookie dough is the way to go! Your parents, students and teachers can learn more about our easy cookie dough fund raisers here…
Selling popcorn makes the perfect daycare, child care or preschool event. Who can resist the taste of old fashioned popcorn? Your friends and family will enjoy these 8 different popcorn flavors. Raise cash for school selling popcorn. Learn how your school earns up to a 50% profit with every sale with this popcorn fund raisers for school.