Basketball Fundraising Ideas From Pennsylvania – Hoops For Harvey
What do you get when you combine 2 Pennsylvania district school basketball teams with the desire to help the suffering people of Houston?
The answer is “Hoops for Harvey” a 3-on-3 basketball tournament. These basketball fundraising ideas from Pennsylvania will be used to raise money to support the folks that were affected by Hurricane Harvey in August 2017.
This storm has been described as the worst natural disaster to ever hit Texas. These young people are to be commended for wanting to help out.
The Pennsbury basketball tournament schedule is as follows:
- The tournament will be held on September 7, 2017.
- William Penn: Girls in grades 6-8 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Grades 9-12 – 7:30-9:30 p.m.
- Charles Boehm: Boys in grades 6-8 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Grades 9-12 – 7:30 -9:30
Anyone can register if they can put together a team of 3-4 players in their grade group by September 6.
How will money be raised with this basketball fundraising idea from Pennsylvania?
According to the article, the fee to enter the tournament is $50 per team. They are hoping for a lot of kids to sign up.
What else could these basketball teams do to raise money for their fundraiser?
- The individual teams can line up sponsors for their group. Perhaps sponsors will be willing to pay a set fee of 5 or 10 dollars for every game the team wins in the tournament.
- The news article doesn’t mention it, but they could charge admission fees to watch the game.
- The school can open concession stands to sell food and drinks.
- Talk to local businesses to see if they want to pay for an advertising banner.
- They could use any of these easy school fundraising catalogs to raise additional money to help the people of Houston.
We wish all of the Pennsbury basketball payers success and hope they have a lot of fun with their basketball fundraising idea from Pennsylvania – Hoops For Harvey. If you would like some free coaching for your basketball fundraiser then contact our help desk here.